Monday, October 16, 2023

Introductory Post - My Why

Picture from a kayak of the tree line along a riverbed 
Photo Taken Along Westons Mill Pond by Dr. Haus 10/08/2023

 

The obligatory first blog post.  The post which will haunt my future self.  As I sit here deciding what to write, I am already getting stressed about the first hand embarrassment this post will give my future self.  I am also recalling something I heard Trixie Mattel, a drag queen, say:  

 

😬If you are looking at your past and are not embarrassed, you aren't growing 

 

Or something along those lines, my memory was shot years ago.  With that, hello to my future self wanting to jump into the river because you have achieved one of your goals:  growth.

🌱

Now it is time to address my "why"

 

Why am I starting a blog?  

What brought me to blogging?  

When did this blogging idea come to life?   

Who am I?  

¿DΓ³nde estΓ‘ el baΓ±o? 

 ⁉️

Long Story Long(ish):

A few weeks ago I was given a huge bunch of πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹ which was obviously no bueno.  As I contemplated my options (which in other words means 😭😭), I remembered something my grandmother used to always tell us.  

 

πŸ“‹Go cry as long as you need to and when are done come out with a plan

 

In my process of being πŸ’ͺ instead of 😭, I realized I have so many ideas that have been racing around my brain but I have never done anything about them.  There was always something stopping me from delving into my more creative ideas:  work, real or perceived responsibilities to others, my inner voice stating I wouldn't be good enough, and countless more.

πŸ’‘

Now, my MO is thinking about something for years and years before doing anything about it.  Getting my nose pierced, dying my hair purple, switching careers, these were all in my mind LONG before I actually followed through.  Well, now it is time for me to jump off the cliff and build my new reality. 

 ⛰️ 

Some of the many ideas that will (hopefully) come to life through this blog:

πŸ€“ Dr. Haus's Unsolicited Life Advice - a novel going through pieces of advice and the funny stories that allowed me to learn those lessons the hard way

 

😻 Veterinary Mentorship - a novel on mentorship through the lens of the veterinary medical profession (and frankly applies to anyone who wants to understand mentorship)


πŸ€ͺ Drunk Pathophysiology - a "spin-off" from the Comedy Central series Drunk History

 

🧐 Learning Through Cases Regardless of Knowledge Base - the creation of interactive patient case scenarios to help anyone and everyone understand what they once thought were complex scientific concepts (the first case is posting tomorrow, 10/17/2023)


πŸ‘½ Dr. Haus's Musings - any and all ideas that have crossed my mind

πŸ‘» 

What will this all look like?  Search me, but once I figure it out you will be the first to know.  Buckle your helmet, secure it snugly under your chin, and let's ride.

 πŸš΅

And so you know the routine - the following image will accompany EVERY POST with its own unique, unsolicited advice (sorry, not sorry).

 

Dr. Haus's Unsolicited Life Advice:  If you have been thinking about something for a while, DO IT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liver Anatomy

  Photo by Dr. Haus Liver Anatomy The anatomy of the liver must be understood to truly understand the functioning of this vital organ.  Of c...