Thursday, January 18, 2024

Málaga

 Picture of a water fountain

Photo by Dr. Haus


Málaga for One Full Day

The Spain part of my vacation is quickly coming to an end 😭😭😭😭 I arrived in Málaga in the late afternoon from Seville where I checked into my pod hostel.  I was SO excited to be staying in a pod hostel and this hostel was not a disappointment.  This stay further confirmed that loft beds are for me and that I love to live in small spaces.  My goal of living in a van down by the river seems even more like the correct path for me.  Here is a picture of the hostel:


Picture of pod hostel
Photo by Dr. Haus
 

As you can see my hostel pod was also orange so that gave it some extra points in the Dr. Haus loves this book.  For my first night I did a quick walk around the downtown Málaga area but I was exhausted from the travel day and bus ride so got to bed a bit early.


Picture of downtown Málaga
Photo by Dr. Haus

For my one full day in Málaga I mostly walked around the area of the city that has an old castle, walked around the downtown area, and spent some time walking along the beach.  It was nice to have a more laid-back relaxing day after such a fast-paced trip.  Most of this trip has been a lot of wandering but Málaga was the first, and only, city where the only plan was random wandering.  This is my favorite type of traveling.
 

Picture of the bull ring in Málaga from above
Photo by Dr. Haus


Picture of Málaga from above
Photo by Dr. Haus

The end of my last night in Spain was perfect.  I found a restaurant on the beach to have dinner (of course had fish because I love fish and the fish here is AMAZING).  I enjoyed a lovely sangria on the beach which was the best drink I have had in Spain.  After dinner I walked along the beach and managed to twice accidentally let the waves wash over my shoes (oops, she doesn't always learn her lesson the first go).
 

Picture of dinner with a sangria
Photo by Dr. Haus

For my last morning in Spain I got breakfast along the way to the train to the airport.  In me fashion I ended up getting through security very quickly and about about 4 hours early for my flight.  Thankfully my hostel in Granada had a used bookstore next to it and I got a large book there very cheap that I read a lot of while waiting for my flight.  It is now time for the last leg of my trip, Lisbon!  🇵🇹


Night picture of Málaga
Photo by Dr. Haus


Picture of the beach
Photo by Dr. Haus


Picture of the cathedral
Photo by Dr. Haus


Picture of the park
Photo by Dr. Haus




Dr. Haus's Unsolicited Life Advice:  Always carry a good book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liver Anatomy

  Photo by Dr. Haus Liver Anatomy The anatomy of the liver must be understood to truly understand the functioning of this vital organ.  Of c...